High testosterone in men: symptoms and causes
The testosterone is a type steroid sex hormones. It is generated in the testicles and is responsible for sexual maturation, muscle development, body mass formation and bone strength.
The functions of testosterone from child to man
The functions of testosterone in man are determined by the stage of life in which he is:
- During the development of the fetus, testosterone is responsible for generating the difference of sex of the baby and, later, the formation of the reproductive organs.
- In teenage years, testosterone is responsible for change of voice tone, appearance of hair and growth.
- In the adult man, testosterone is responsible for the control of sexual functions such as sexual desire, the production of sperm and the quality of the erection.
From what we have seen, the hormone testosterone contributes to the proper development and well-being of man in all stages of his life.
Symptoms of high testosterone in men
Having high testosterone in men is a very important hormonal change for the body and, if not treated in time, can have consequences on the functioning of organs such as the heart, liver, endocrine system, and adrenal glands.
The symptoms of high testosterone in men are the following:
- Changes in mood and mood with a tendency to aggression and violence.
- It increases the risk of suffering from prostate cancer and cardiovascular diseases.
- Difficulty urinating due to enlarged prostate.
- Decreased sperm production to the point of causing infertility.
- Excessive growth of body hair faster and thicker than usual.
- Increased fat production causing acne, skin and oily scalp and increased abdominal circumference.
If you think you have any of these symptoms, go to a general medicine doctor to do a checkup and make a diagnosis.
How to prevent high testosterone?
To prevent high level of testosterone you should:
- Maintain a healthy weight through a diet low in fat and carbohydrates and high in fiber.
- Practice physical activity on a regular basis.
- Do not consume excess caffeine, tobacco and alcohol.
- Sleep well at night.
- Avoid high levels of stress.
Although there are non-controllable adverse effects, to avoid having high testosterone you must take a healthy and balanced diet, play sports and maintain a stable lifestyle. As prevention and early diagnosis of possible diseases, it is advisable to visit the Brooklyn, NY urologist where they perform a complete urological ultrasound.