Practical Information about Using Essential Oil for Kids
Essential oils are a wonderful way to treat your kids naturally. In this article, we will come to know about the right essential oil you can use for your kids. Essential oils will give you enormous benefits, provided you know how to use them.
Safe essential oils for kids
Let us understand what essential oil is. An essential oil is a natural oil of the plant or herb that is extracted by distillation process. This oil has characteristic fragments of that particular herb. Plants have different medicinal properties. Its extract or essential oil is also beneficial in treating several ailments. You may be aware that essential oils are in use for thousands of years. They are good for body as well as mind wellness.
Uses of essential oils
pure essential oils have a pleasant smell which will help your child relax and take a good night’s sleep. It is also beneficial in improving the digestion. These oils also have medicinal properties to treat asthma, fever, seasonal allergies cuts and serves as a decongestant and bug repellent.
How to use essential oils
There are several ways to use pure essential oils. You can use them directly on the skin or use a diffuser. Put a couple of drops in water to get a detox bath. People who are using humidifier can use the recommended calming oils for kids in it. If you never have used essential oil for kids, then it is imperative to find out the right essential oil that is safe and effective for children.
You need to follow a simple patched as to find out how your kid will react to that particular oil.
- You need to apply a small amount of essential oil after diluting it. You can apply it on the leg.
- You are supposed to wait at least for 24 hours to check signs of redness, irritation or inflammation of the skin.
- In case you notice even a small reaction, stop using that oil. If there is no reaction, then you can continue using that calming oils for kids
Safety tips for children
You need to take precautions to avoid any harm.
- It is good to use carrier oil; this will help you blend the essential oil. If you blend with coconut oil or almond oil, then it will minimize the risk of irritation on the skin.
- Several essential oils are not recommended below the age of 10 years for ingestion because they may bring a sudden blockage in the heart.
- Always maintain a safe distance between the essential oils and your children. Always store it out of the reach of your children to avoid accidental ingestion.
- Never allow your children to go out in the sun after using the essential oils because it may cause pigmentation or irritation on the skin.
- Never use adulterated or synthetic essential oils.
- Make sure that you are using essential oils in the recommended dilution.
In order to avoid any complication, it is advised to consult a physician about the use of essential oils to avoid any complication.