A Closer Look at the Pros and Cons of Eyelid Surgery
For some people, looking and feeling young is a top priority. Not only is looking young aesthetically pleasing, it’s also good for your overall physical and mental health. When we look younger, we automatically feel younger. It becomes easier to be more active and social, which also gives our self-esteem a major boost.
In order to look younger, there are a number of cosmetic and minor surgical procedures that you can turn to.
A look at eyelid surgery
Among the many cosmetic surgical procedures available today, eyelid surgery is becoming an increasingly popular way to look and feel younger. Eyelid surgery will remove wrinkles and excess skin from around your eye area, helping open up the eyes to give you a younger appearance.
Eyelid surgery will allow you to:
- Remove sagging skin that may be covering the natural fold of the eye or the eyelashes
- Reduce deep lines and grooves around the eye area
- Reduce puffiness and under-eye bags that make you look tired and older
An eyelid surgery specialist like Dr Andre Safvat from Sydney can instantly give you that vibrant, younger-looking appearance but first, let’s look at some of the pros and cons of eyelid surgery.
Eyelid surgery pros
- Removes any excess skin that’s obstructing your vision
- Reverses that puffy look that makes you look older and constantly tired
- Removes any deep lines and wrinkles that have accumulated due to age and stress
- Scaring is easily hidden amongst the natural lines around your eyes
- Minimal pain
- Offers natural looking results
Eyelid surgery cons
- This is an invasive surgery that will require you to go under the knife
- Surgery will always increase your risk of infection as the body does go into shock. This can, however, be reduced with the right surgeon
- Results are not instantaneous. Patients will need to wait for the swelling and bruising to subside before they can enjoy the results of their surgery
- Itching and dryness is very common after the procedure
- An eyebrow lift may also be necessary if your eyebrows drop or you have forehead creases
- There is a high chance that you will need to have another eyelid surgery after a few years due to continuous ageing.
Overall, the pros far outweigh the cons of eyelid surgery but if you are still unsure or you have additional questions and concerns, it’s best to book a consultation with a qualified surgeon to ascertain whether eyelid surgery is the best option for you.
It’s also important to note that when you select the right surgeon for this procedure, the cons and risk of complications are greatly reduced, so it pays to do some thorough research before selecting a surgeon. Don’t be afraid to dig deep and ask questions.
While eyelid surgery won’t be the right procedure for everyone, it is certainly one that can boost your confidence and change your life for the better.