Brief Understanding of Sciatica and the Best Treatment for it
Sciatica tends to affect the sciatic nerve. There would be a large nerve extending from the lower back down the back of the leg.
Symptoms of sciatica
Let us delve on the symptoms of sciatica.
- Pain in the back or leg that gets worse when sitting
- A shooting pain making it difficult to stand up
- A consistent pain on one side of the rear
- Numbness, weakness, or difficulty in moving the foot or leg
- Tingling or burning that runs in the leg
Sciatica would usually affect only one side of the lower body. At times, the pain would travel from the lower back all the way through the back of the thigh all the way down to the leg. The pain would also reach the toes or the foot. For most people, the pain could be unbearable. On the other hand, it could be irritating and infrequent that could get worse with the passage of time.
What would trigger sciatica?
Sciatica has been caused by irritation of the lower lumbar roots along with the lumbosacral spine.
The other common causes have been listed below:
- Spinal stenosis – It implies a narrowing of the spinal canal in the lower back.
- Pregnancy – It could cause severe strain on the spine.
- Spondylolisthesis – Here one vertebra would slip forward to the other one.
- Degenerative disc disease – It would affect the discs that cushion the vertebrae.
There have been additional factors such as not exercising on a regular basis, excess weight, sleeping on an extra soft mattress, or high heels.
The compression of the sciatic nerve would result in the loss of feeling, insomnia, or paralysis of a single group of muscles.
Is diagnosing of sciatica critical?
You should rest assured that a chiropractor would examine the patient and review the medical history of the patient. It would be essential to determine what causes sciatica pain in the patients. Chiropractic sciatica treatment would be based on the principle restricting the movement of the spinal region. It would lead to pain and reduced functionality. It would be pertinent to mention here that chiropractic care would assist the body to heal itself. It would be a drug-free and non-invasive treatment.
It would be imperative to mention that chiropractic sciatica has gained huge popularity with the people. However, you would be required to search for the right chiropractor in order to seek adequate relief from sciatica pain.